Recipe: Twice Baked Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potatoes
We adapted this appetizing recipe from aspicyperspective.com. If you’re constantly looking for new and interesting recipes, browse their blog for “a mix of health-conscious dishes, global fare, and good ol’ American comfort food.”
We think this dish could be especially enhanced by adding a few of our signature Maple Balsamic pecans. The delicious coating on our Maple Balsamic pecans has been compared to raisins with a sweet, tart, and spicy flair.
- 2 Tablespoons pecan oil or vegetable oil
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6)
- ½ cup cream cheese or plain Greek yogurt
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup chopped Royalty Pecans
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover the sweet potatoes in oil and bake them on a rimmed baking sheet for 1 to 1 ½ hours, until very tender. (You can cook them in the microwave to speed the roasting time.)
Let potatoes cool slightly. Cut each potato in half and place the flesh of the top halves in a bowl – it should just fall out of the skin. Gently scoop the flesh out of the bottom halves and add it to the bowl, leaving a little around the edges for stability. Mix in the cream cheese (or plain Greek yogurt), 4 Tbsp. butter, syrup, bourbon, cinnamon, 1 tsp. salt and pepper. Use a hand mixer or immersion blender to puree until smooth.
Scoop the potato puree back into the potato halves. Mix the remaining 2 Tbsp. of melted butter with the breadcrumbs and chopped pecans (or Maple Balsamic pecans). Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the sweet potatoes.
Bake another 15-20 minutes.*
*These can be made 2-3 days in advance and kept in the fridge in an airtight container. If coming out of the fridge, bake 30-40 minutes or simply heat them up in the microwave until thoroughly warm.
- Recipe: Sweet Potato & Banana Gratin with Caramelized Pecans Thanks to Hidemi, a website visitor, for submitting this great...
- Recipe: Sweet Pumpkin Pecan Bread This bread is sweet and fluffy with a bit of...
- Recipe: Tangy Pecan & Fig Marinade Use this marinade with beef, chicken, pork, or venison. If...