Home Pecan Recipes Recipe: Royalty Pecan & Kale Couscous
2013 Royalty Pecans™ Recipe Challenge Winner
This recipe was submitted by Michelle in Minnesota.
- 1 cup cooked pearl couscous
- 1 cup fresh chopped kale
- 1 Granny Smith green apple, chopped
- ½ cup chopped Royalty Pecans™
- 3 tbsp. chopped green onions
- 1 cup drained garbanzo beans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, garlic, tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
Cook couscous according to package. When cooked, drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine kale, apple, green onions, garbanzo beans, and cranberries. Add the olive oil and herb dressing. Stir in chopped pecans.
Serve as a healthy side dish or lunch salad along with your choice of protein.
- Recipe: Crunchy Pecan Green Beans Recipe Challenge Winner: Healthiest Recipe. This healthy recipe for a...
- Recipe: Maple Pecan Marinade This month, inspired by Father's Day, we have a great...
- Recipe: Crispy Pecan Stuffed Chicken 2013 Royalty Pecans™ Recipe Challenge Winner: Best Appetizer or Entree....