Home Pecan Recipes Pecan Milk - Our Favorite Recipe
Make your own pecan milk with always fresh Royalty Pecans! Pecan milk is creamy and packed with nutrients. We found the beautiful pecan flavor is a wonderful complement to our Southern Pecan Coffee, as well as hot chocolate. It’s also easier to make than other nut milks. Recipe yields about 4 glasses of pecan milk (about 4.5 cups).
- 1 cup Royalty Pecans Pecan Pieces or Halves, raw or freshly roasted
- 4 cups water
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Add Royalty Pecans Pecan Pieces or Halves and 2 cups of water into your blender. Blend for about 1 minute, until the consistency is creamy and completely smooth.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and a couple dashes of salt. Blend to combine. At this point, add additional sugar for a sweeter taste.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cloth. We recommend straining it at least 2-3 times for the best creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving. Pecan milk can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Pecan milk will separate into layers over time. Blend or whisk to combine.
- To roast your Royalty Pecans Pecan Pieces or Halves for a more strongly flavored milk, spread pecans on a baking sheet. Roast for 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir halfway through to ensure even roasting.
- Most nut milks require the nuts to be soaked beforehand. Because Royalty Pecans Pecan Pieces or Halves are so soft, most blenders should be able to break up the pecans easily. If soaking is required for your blender, soak until the nuts are soft.
- Try sweetening your milk with a sugar substitute, or adding a little bit of honey. It may take a little longer to thoroughly incorporate the honey, but the taste should more than make up for the extra effort.