Ingredients for the Chicken
- 2 Whole chickens
- 4 T. Texas olive oil
- 1 T. Chili powder
- ½ lb. Angel hair pasta
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Pecan Serrano Pesto
- ¾ cup Extra virgin Texas olive oil
- ½ cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 to 2 Serrano peppers, stemmed and seeded (for mild use 1 Serrano)
- ½ T. Garlic, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Texas pecan pieces, roasted
To prepare the chicken:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Rinse chickens in warm water and pat dry with paper towels. Coat chickens with Texas olive oil and season with salt, pepper and chili powder. Place chickens in a baking pan and cook for 25 minutes. Cover with foil and cook the chickens for another 35 minutes or until done. Set aside.
To prepare the pecan Serrano pesto:
In a food processor, combine extra virgin Texas olive oil, parsley, Serrano peppers, garlic, Parmesan cheese and purée until smooth. Fold in pecan pieces. Season with salt to taste.
To prepare the pasta:
In a large pot of boiling salted water, add pasta and cook, following instructions on the package. When the pasta is ready, transfer to a bowl and toss with enough pesto to coat.
Divide pasta onto 4 plates. Cut chickens in quarters, removing the backbone. Place ½ chicken on top of each plate with pasta and garnish with a little extra pesto on top.
- Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Pesto Pasta This month we're featuring one of the winning recipes from...
- Recipe: Mediterranean Pecan Pasta As we enter the holiday season, remember that pecans are...
- Recipe: Crispy Pecan Stuffed Chicken 2013 Royalty Pecans™ Recipe Challenge Winner: Best Appetizer or Entree....