This savory and satisfying recipe was sent to us by Darlene in Arizona.
- 8 oz. package cheese or mushroom ravioli
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup cognac or brandy
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup toasted and chopped Royalty Pecans
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, finely diced (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Sauté mushrooms and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Add peppercorns and chicken broth. Continue to cook until mixture is hot and starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low.
In a small bowl, stir flour into cream until all lumps are dissolved. Slowly add mixture to mushrooms. Add brandy and continue to cook until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve sauce over cooked pasta.
In a small bowl, combine pecans, feta and basil. Add tomatoes, if desired. Sprinkle over sauce.
This recipe combines the subtle, earthy flavors of portabella mushrooms in a rich brandy cream sauce. Cracked peppercorns add a little heat while the toasted pecans, basil and feta add a perfect fresh finish.