Home Pecan Recipes Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Pesto Pasta
This month we’re featuring one of the winning recipes from our recent Royalty Pecans Recipe Contest. Thanks to Cara from Texas, we have this interesting blend of ingredients creating a dish that’s definitely worth a try!
- 1/2 Cup basil leaves
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Cup roasted Royalty Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 8 oz bacon, fried, drained and chopped
Combine the first eight ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Toss with hot pasta and bacon pieces. Serve immediately garnished with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Recipe: Roasted Chicken with Pecan Serrano Pesto & Angel Hair Pasta This month's recipe for Roasted Chicken with Pecan Serrano Pesto...
- Recipe: Mediterranean Pecan Pasta As we enter the holiday season, remember that pecans are...
- Recipe: Sweet Pumpkin Pecan Bread This bread is sweet and fluffy with a bit of...