Recipe: Parmesan Pecan Crusted Chicken
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, whipped
- ½ Cup chopped Royalty Pecans (either raw or roasted & salted)*
- ½ Cup ground pecan meal
- ½ Cup shredded Parmesan cheese*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil (or more as needed)*
Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour olive oil into a non-stick frying pan on the stove and set it on medium heat.
Mix pecan meal, cheese, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper in a large, flat dish. Whip eggs in a separate bowl.
Coat chicken breasts with beaten egg mixture, then lay them in the dry ingredients. Make sure the chicken is covered well. Using tongs or a fork, gently and slowly lay the chicken breasts into the heated oil. Be careful not to splash, and don’t let any hot oil touch your skin.
Fry the coated chicken breasts in the olive oil for just 1 minute on each side, then arrange them in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top. Bake the chicken for 20-30 minutes (or longer if needed).
* We have some of these excellent, locally made ingredients available at our gift shop: natural shelled pecans, roasted and salted pecans, olive oil from Sandy Oaks Olive Orchard, and a variety of delicious Texas cheeses.