- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Starch
- 1 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Cup Fruit Preserves (or as needed)
- 1 Cup (4 oz.) Roasted Shelled Halves or Flavored Pecans*
Thoroughly mix together flour, powdered sugar, and corn starch. Add dry ingredients to softened butter and cream together. If dough becomes too thick or crumbly, you may need to knead it with your hands.
While the dough is soft, divide it into small balls (about 1 inch diameter) and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a spoon or melon baller to shape the dough into mini tart shells. (If you’re not comfortable shaping the tarts by hand, you could press the dough into a greased mini muffin tin.) Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
Remove chilled tart shells from the fridge and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
Add a spoonful of fruit preserves to each tart shell and top with pecan halves*.
Makes about 2 dozen.
*For added flavor and flair, use roasted and flavored pecans like our signature Cinnapecan or Dulce de Leche.
- Recipe: Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Cookies This delicious recipe is a mixture of shortbread and sugar...
- Recipe: Pecan Oatmeal Cookies This recipe was provided by Sandra Novosad. Her dish won...
- Recipe: Upside-down Salted Caramel Apple Pecan Cake This indulgent recipe was submitted to us by Monique Volz....