Recipe: Mediterranean Pecan Pasta
As we enter the holiday season, remember that pecans are not just for dessert! There are many delicious ways to incorporate pecans into your favorite recipes. This recipe has tasty, healthy ingredients and can be served as a side with many dishes, like shrimp, chicken, salmon, tilapia, steak, eggplant … take your pick!
- 1 lb. dried pasta (we recommend farfalle or penne)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or Virgin Pecan Oil
- ¾ Tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 Cup chopped Royalty Pecans (raw or roasted)
- ½ Cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ Cup black pitted olives (chopped)
Cook the pasta in lightly salted water for about 12 minutes.
While the pasta is boiling, heat oil and add garlic, pecans, tomatoes, and olives. Sauté until garlic turns golden brown. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
When the pasta is ready, remove 1 Cup of water from the pot and drain the rest. Do not rinse or let the pasta cool. After the pasta is drained, pour egg and cheese mixture on top and stir well. If needed, add a little bit of the pasta water to make the cheesy mixture more like sauce. Add the sautéed garlic, pecans, tomatoes, and olives and mix everything well.
- Recipe: Roasted Chicken with Pecan Serrano Pesto & Angel Hair Pasta This month's recipe for Roasted Chicken with Pecan Serrano Pesto...
- Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Pesto Pasta This month we're featuring one of the winning recipes from...
- Recipe: Maple Pecan Marinade This month, inspired by Father's Day, we have a great...