Looking for a delicious way to keep warm and pack some protein, vitamins, and antioxidants into your meal? Try this hot winter soup that uses ground pecans instead of cream to add richness and thickness, as well as good nutrition.
This recipe was sent to us by Jill in Michigan. You can find this and other great recipes over at Haaps & Barley.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes (about 6 sticks)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped Royalty Pecans
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¾ cups water
- 4 ½ cups vegetable stock
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, toss carrots, sweet potatoes, and garlic with olive oil, cayenne, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spread over two baking sheets. Roast until tender, stirring halfway through, for 40-45 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, maple syrup, and remaining salt and pepper; cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor; purée with water until smooth.
In a large stockpot over medium heat, add roasted vegetables and stock. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. With an immersion blender or in a food processor, blend until smooth. Stir in pecan cream and cook another 5 minutes.
Serve immediately or allow to cool and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Recipe: Sweet Potato & Banana Gratin with Caramelized Pecans Thanks to Hidemi, a website visitor, for submitting this great...
- Recipe: Sweet & Spicy Pecan Soup Have you tried soup made with pecans? Here's a warm...
- Recipe: Twice Baked Bourbon Pecan Sweet Potatoes We found a recipe for a great side dish. We...