This recipe won “Best Dessert” in our Royalty Pecans Recipe Contest! It’s very simple to make. We also love the balance of a rich dessert with a healthier side.
Use natural raw pecans or toast the pecans first to bring out the nutty flavor. If you’re feeling creative, you could also use fresh apples to make your own pan-fried apples without any added sugar.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans fried apples with cinnamon, drained, diced
- 1/2 cup caramel syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of our Cinnamon Maple Pecan Granola
- 1 cup chopped Royalty Pecans (save a handful to use as a garnish)
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- caramel syrup
In a mixing bowl, toss apples, caramel syrup and cinnamon until well mixed.
In another bowl, mix granola and pecans.
In each of 4 goblets or parfait glasses, spoon 1/4 of the apple mixture and then 1/4 of the granola mixture. Spoon on 1/4 cup of yogurt. Make sure each layer is visible around the edge of the glass so you can see the layers; repeat layers.
Garnish the top of each parfait with additional chopped pecans and drizzle on caramel syrup.
Makes 4 servings.
- Recipe: Upside-down Salted Caramel Apple Pecan Cake This indulgent recipe was submitted to us by Monique Volz....
- Recipe: Cinnapecan Apple Cream Pie Even though we like to promote the healthier side of...
- Recipe: Pecan Berry Parfait This is a delicious treat anyone can make. A fruit...