Our Secret Royalty Green Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies make the perfect to-go breakfast or mid-day snack. Packed with nutrient-rich fruits and veggies, this superfood blend is sure to be filling and refreshing.
Use blueberries to add plenty of antioxidants. Spinach is extremely nutrient-rich and provides vitamins A, C, and K. The pecans add nutty and flavorful depth as well as heart-healthy benefits, fiber, and phytonutrients.
In a serving of pecans, you’ll get monounsaturated fats, zero cholesterol and zero sodium, and when compared with other nuts, pecans are among the lowest in carbs and highest in fiber. Pecans are a good source of nutrients like zinc, copper and manganese which boost metabolic health, and antioxidant vitamins A & E. This superfood is an easy addition to your everyday meals, including this refreshing smoothie.
Servings: makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces soaked
- Raw honey (to taste)
- Blend the spinach and milk until smooth.
- Add the water, berries, bananas, and pecans and blend until well incorporated.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious smoothie and all the benefits of pecans!
If you're looking for a creamy treat (like the one pictured above) add an extra banana or coconut oil, and be careful not to over blend.