Fish recipes don't have to be boring. Adding a flavorful crust of always fresh pecans is an easy and heart healthy way to add vital nutrients to any meal. Check out the recipe below for an easy dish that's ready in less than 15 minutes. It's so simple and easy, you can change it up to fit your family's preferences, including adding farm fresh honey or our smoky, spicy Tex Mex pecan halves.
- 10 ounces cod or other firm-fleshed fish about 4-6 oz. per person
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Royalty Pecans Pecan Halves, chopped into small pieces
- Kosher salt (our Roasted & Salted pecans are a great option, too)
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Royalty Pecans Pecan Oil
- Additional spices and herbs to your liking. Dill, garlic powder, onion powder are just a few of our favorites.
- Pat fish dry. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper.
- Separate yolk from egg white in a bowl; set aside egg yolk. Brush tops of filets with egg white.
- Spread chopped Royalty Pecans on to a plate, and press one side of the fish down into the chopped pecans.
- Melt butter and add Royalty Pecans Pecan Oil in a non-stick or cast-iron pan over a medium heat.
- Cook fish, pecan crust side down, for about 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness of fish). Carefully flip over and continue cooking until the fish is done, about 2-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve with lemon wedges, and any side of your choosing. We love quinoa or wild rice, and healthy greens such as a fresh summer salad.