Royalty Pecan’s Shopping Wassail
Nothing takes the pressure off shopping when enjoying a seasonal, mulled wine. We have had great success with this in our store. Happy Holidays!
Makes: 8 servings of ⅔ cup each
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 orange, sliced
- ½ cup cranberry wine (We like Texas Star Cranberry)
1. Mix juices, sugar and seasonings together. Add the wine at this point to make the alcoholic wassail.
2. Slowly bring to a boil in a large saucepan or pot. Boil for 1 minute.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Serve hot with sliced oranges floating in the punch bowl.
Tips & Notes
The cider can be made a day ahead to steep. Just reheat when ready to serve.
Come taste all the Texas Wines we have to offer every Saturday. Details HERE.
Or shop online for all the best Texas Pecan treats!