Royalty Pecans Recipe of the Month: April 2013
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 to 1¼ lbs.)
- 1½ Cups Royalty Pecans (use natural pecans or try our Royalty Roast, Tex Mix, Spiked, or Sweetly Peppered)
- 1½ Teaspoons orange zest, freshly grated
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 Egg white
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons Virgin Pecan Oil
Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even ¼-inch thickness.
Mix pecans, orange zest, salt, and chipotle pepper in a food processor and pulse until the pecans are finely ground. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish. Whisk egg white and water in a shallow bowl. Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, then coat both sides with the pecan mixture.
Heat 1½ teaspoons pecan oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and no longer pink in the middle (2 to 4 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Carefully wipe out the pan with a paper towel and add the remaining oil. Cook the remaining chicken, adjusting the heat as needed to prevent scorching. Serve immediately.