Winning Recipe | Best Appetizer or Entree
This may seem like an odd combination of flavors to some, but it’s worth a try! This slightly sweet, tangy, savory recipe was submitted by Candy in Hawaii.
- 1 cup Royalty Pecan Farms® Tex Mix flavored pecans
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Royalty Pecan Farms® Black Bean Salsa
- 1 jar (32 ounce) Royalty Pecan Farms® Peach Halves, drained and sliced about ¼-inch thick
Place ½ cup pecans in a food processor and process until the consistency of cornmeal. Place in a large zip lock bag and add pork cubes. Seal bag and shake well to completely coat meat.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add pork and stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until browned.
Add broth, salsa and peaches. Stir well to combine and then let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, stir in remaining ½ cup pecans and serve hot over rice or rolled in tortillas as burrito filling or however you wish to serve it. Serves 6-8.