This recipe gives you a simple and easy way to add nutritious, heart-healthy pecans to your diet. Studies show that just a handful of pecans can help lower cholesterol, along with other great health benefits. This delicious sandwich made with honey, pecans, apple, spinach, and goat cheese has a great mixture of creamy, crunchy, crispy textures. For extra protein, just add slices of baked or grilled chicken.
- ¼ Cup goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 Slices of toasted whole grain bread
- 2 Tbsp toasted Royalty Pecans (or order our Royalty Roast flavored pecans to get the perfect roasted flavor)
- 1 Apple cut in thin slices
- ¼ Cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp honey (order our pure, raw Honey Royale)
Spread cheese onto 1 slice of bread. Sprinkle pecan pieces onto cheese. Layer on apple slices and fresh spinach leaves. Drizzle with honey and add second slice of bread. If you’d like to add more protein to this delicious, healthy treat, just add slices of baked or grilled chicken.