2013 Royalty Pecans® Recipe Challenge Winner
Special Ingredient Challenge
This recipe was submitted by Candy in Hawaii.
- 2 packages cream cheese (3 oz. each), softened
- ¼ Cup melted butter or margarine
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup finely ground Premium Royalty Pecan Pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. Tex Mix flavored pecans
- 8 oz. (canned) whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ Cup Royalty Pecan Farms® Black Bean Salsa, drained
- ¼ Cup finely sliced green onion
Whisk cream cheese and butter until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and blend well. Whisk in milk until smooth. Stir in flour, ground pecans, baking powder, and salt just until moistened. Fold in Tex Mix pecans, corn, salsa, and onion.
Heat a non-stick pancake griddle over medium-high heat until hot (a drop of water placed on the griddle will jump around and then evaporate). Pour ¼ cup batter on the griddle for each cake. Turn when bubbles form all over the tops. Cook until second side has browned.
Serve right away. Serves 6-8.