Winning Recipe | Best Appetizer or Entree
This nutritious and tasty dish was submitted by Bruno in Texas.
Pecan Eggplant Casserole
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1 Cup Diced Onions
- 1 Cup Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cup Royalty Pecans®, chopped
- 1 Cup Diced Tomato
- 1 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Virgin Pecan Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 10 Whole Grain Roasted Garlic Melba Crackers (or 1/3 Cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black or White Pepper
Peel and dice eggplant, red bell pepper, and onion. Place them in a skillet with 2 Tbsp oil and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, until soft but not done.
Transfer ingredients from the skillet to a large bowl and add pecans, tomato, cottage cheese, crackers or breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well.
Transfer to casserole dish. Cover and bake at 345° (convection oven) or 375° (conventional oven) for 30 minutes.
Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 6-8 servings.