This recipe is great for steak, pork tenderloin, venison backstrap, or chicken.
- 2 lbs. your choice of meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1¼ Cups chopped Royalty Pecans
Cut slits in the meat and place in a shallow glass dish. Spread the chopped onion and minced garlic over the meat.
In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, olive oil, chili powder, thyme, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and pecans. Mix well. Pour entire mixture over meat. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 8 hours.
When the meat is ready, you may cook it (1) on the grill or (2) in the oven:
(1) If grilling, cook the meat on a covered grill at medium-low heat until done. Pour remaining marinade over the meat and serve.
(2) If using a conventional oven, first pour about ½ Cup of the marinade into a non-stick pan on the stove and sear the meat (about 1 minute on each side at medium heat). Place the seared meat in an oven-safe glass dish, pour the remaining marinade on top, and bake at 350 degrees until done.