Recipe Challenge Winner | Healthiest Recipe
This healthy recipe for a super simple side or appetizer is great for everyday meals as well as an elegant date night dinner. Submitted by Kelly in Illinois.
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 cups medium crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Royalty Pecans®, dry roasted and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
In a medium pot, bring to boil 2 to 3 cups of water depending on the amount of green beans you are using. Add green beans and cook for about 5 minutes.
In the meantime, in a separate bowl, prepare an ice bath (i.e., add ice cubes and water into a bowl).
In a saucepan, sauté garlic and shallots in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
The green beans should be done by now. If so, dish out and place into ice bath.
Add mushrooms and chili flakes to sauté pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook covered for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Drain ice bath and add the green beans back into the saucepan. Season with onion powder. Stir-fry well to combine flavors. Cook covered for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Dish onto serving dish, drizzle with olive oil, and top with toasted pecans.