- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey (try our all-natural raw Honey Royale)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pound salmon fillets, cut crosswise into 4 equal portions
- 2 tablespoons Royalty Pecan Farms F.R.O.G. Jam (other jam/preserves will work too)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon Zest
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 Cups. Butter Lettuce, torn in bite size pieces
- 1 1/3 Cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Cup toasted pecan halves (try our farm fresh Royalty pecan halves)
Toast pecan halves in small skillet for 10 minutes; stirring often; Set aside to cool.
In a microwavable bowl, combine red onions, red wine vinegar, honey, 4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper; cover loosely, microwave on high for 2 minutes. Let stand stirring occasionally until onions turn pink, about 15 minutes.
In Small bowl, whisk together remaining kosher salt, lemon pepper, olive oil, F.R.O.G. jam, lemon juice, lemon zest and ginger. Whisk until well blended.
Divide mixture in half and marinate salmon pieces on a shallow plate. Coat well and marinate 15 minutes.
Preheat a broiler or grill. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place salmon pieces skin side down, cook until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Place lettuce in a large serving bowl, break salmon into large chunks and scatter over lettuce. Remove onions from vinegar with a slotted spoon and scatter over salad; toss in the blueberries and toasted pecans.
Add any remaining vinegar from the marinade to the remaining half of F.R.O.G. dressing over salad; toss.