For a little bit of luck in 2022, try this incredible hummus with black eyed peas, chickpeas, and fresh pecans. Swap in your favorite flavors and seasonings; add more heat with more red pepper flakes and chili oil as a garnish, or add roasted garlic and sundried tomatoes for subtle sweetness. This simple recipe can be modified to your preference over and over again, and will definitely be a hit at your next event.
Yields: 5 cups
- 2-14.5 ounce cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1-14.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup neutral cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Royalty Pecans Pecan Pieces
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
Royalty Pecans Pecan Oil
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor with the blade attachment.
- Pulse for 2-3 minutes or longer for a smoother hummus.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper and additional vinegar, as needed.
- Garnish with Royalty Pecans Pecan Pieces, scallions, and a drizzle of Royalty Pecans Pecan Oil.
Enjoy with pita chips, crackers, or fresh cut veggies!
If you try this recipe, be sure to @royaltypecans on Facebook or Instagram!